Daily SEO News 9th Mar 2020

SEO Updates 9th Mar 2020

1. Google Ads Attribution Report gets a new Look

Google Ads, through its Twitter handle, announced the new look of the attribution report under Google Ads account.

What’s New?

Some reports have been added while some have been removed. The new set of reports includes,

  • Overview
  • Top paths
  • Path metrics
  • Assisted conversions
  • Model comparison

How does the New Look Help

The revamped reports offer insights into the path the customer follows before making the purchase. Since customer interaction with ads and other related nuances vary from business to business, the report covers a range of insights. 

Starting from basics like the most common sequences of ad interactions leading to a conversion, to the importance attached to each interaction along the way, the reports help you better visualize the customer journey leading to conversion.

Other helpful information that the reports provide is about the devices the customers used and how many of them interacted with the marketing effort on more than one device.

More information can be found here and here.

2. Google will move all Sites to Mobile-First Indexing from Sep 2020

Remember the post where we shared how Google plans to move to all sites mobile-first indexing. The post mentioned the move to be planned within 6-12 months. 

However, it is now confirmed that the change is to be rolled out by September 2020.

According to Google, 70% of sites served already are from the mobile-first indexing. This means that the rest of the 30% need to make the move from having stark differences between their desktop and mobile version to addressing the issues that Google is notifying them of.

3. Tougher Financial Actions against Review Frauds: Consumer Survey  

A recent survey revealed that customers lost an average of USD 125 in 2019 owing to fake and inaccurate reviews. 

Another survey conducted across nearly 10,000 consumers in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, and Australia revealed that 72% of them want store owners to penalize fake and inaccurate reviews, and set standards to prevent fraudulent reviews.

Customers also shared that only verified customers should be able to post reviews and how negative reviews affect the brand image and hamper the re-purchase of the brands.

Another Viewpoint

In a different survey conducted by TrustPilot, consumers expressed their skepticism about trusting a brand that has received only 5-star ratings and reviews. A mix of both negative and positive reviews that are averaged out gives an organic look and makes the brand more trustworthy.

You can find more details here.

 

Selina

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.